With Covid-19 and the economic crash of 2020 came the increased need for affordable, reputable and proven care for individuals and families who suffer because of chemical dependency.
Since 2005 as an internationally sought-after registered addictions treatment clinic, Colin & Deanna Garnett, with their core team of addiction specialists, found themselves faced with a very simple decision: “We need to change with the times, and it’s time for something new”.
And so our much loved and highly respected Bethesda Addictions Treatment Centre has transformed into Bethesda Retreat offering residential sobriety.
COVID-19 Prepared – Read More
Bethesda Retreat 2020
Bethesda Retreat – Our Vission
What We Offer
Located in Plettenberg Bay on the glorious Garden Route, Bethesda Retreat’s sober living home offers:
- Affordable medium-long term accommodation in a safe, supportive and recovery-oriented environment.
- An opportunity to begin or enhance ‘Independent Recovery Development’ through personal application of the principles within the 12-Step Recovery Programme.
- Freedom and guidance around decision-making, finances, life skills, relationships and preparation for life-on-life’s terms.
Quality accommodation comprises a selection of private or twin bedrooms with en suite or shared bathrooms, according to your preference or budget.
Relax around our lush wrap-around garden, large swimming pool & braai area and roof-top chill-out zone. TV’s, satellite television & Wi-Fi are provided for entertainment. We are conveniently located within 5-10 minutes walking distance of Plett’s glorious swimming beaches, convenience food store, bakery, gym and fellowship meetings; and 5 minutes’ drive from Plett’s main shopping centres.
Rules & Expectations
- The most important thing i learned is that ” right is right and wrong is wrong”. It is that simple!!!!
From the people that comes to clean the house to the owner, are very friendly and honest. I am so glad i have had an other chance in life and i want to thank all the members of Bethesda for this opportunity.
God bless you all.
- Bethesda was the only facility in the garden route willing and able to help me with my addiction. My eating disorder had me on my knees asking for help and Colin willingly opened the doors for me to start recovery. I am so grateful for your help…it’s now almost 2 months clean! I never thought I would be able to say those words! Thanks to an amazing team!
Michele Le Roux
- All the staff are very professional and experienced with addictions. Bethesda changed my life and my way of thinking about my addiction. I will forever be grateful.
- Bethesda is a life changing experience!
Colin and his team are awesome! I have been clean for two months. This would not have been possible without Bethesda! I am grateful to them for everything they have done and still do for me.